4/2/10

To myself

Confirming that Scarlet and Tal had just been playing with him eased Eli's mind a little bit. He hadn't gotten the impression that Scarlet was one to just grab anybody out of desperation, but it was nice to hear her say it anyway. Unfortunately, whether she and Tal had wanted him to look stupid or not, he had, and felt jut a teensy bit like a fool.

Giving a little chuckle, Eli watches another couple fireworks before answering. "I don't know. I guess where we'd left it at the shop, I wasn't sure if you'd actually show or not. I knew I could get Tal to keep an eye out if I bought him supper, then yeah... I wouldn't have to get out and tell someone the next day that I'd been stood up by Miss Gorgeous herself."

Swinging his head back around, he's wearing a silly crooked grin. "Not to mention, you weren't supposed to even know Tal was there, but you had to go and try to leave at ten after eight. I mean, come on... ten minutes? You weren't even gonna give me a chance to show up."

Finally dismounting his bike, Eli stretches, his leather jacket creaking with the movement. "There's a rock over there if you wanna sit." He points to a nice smooth bolder at the edge of the hill that was ideal for sitting. "I promise to keep my hands to myself."


"Mm... steak sounds good." Alec leans his face into Ryan's hand, loving her touch. Other woman hadn't touched him like that before... it was different... there was more affection and a desire to be with him and not just get what was wanted and leave.

Looking up at her, he gives a little shrug. "Reese and I.... have... come to an understanding I guess. I mean... after today well... I guess maybe I did something right and he's gonna be a little easier on me unless I screw up again."

Grinning, he runs a hand through her hair. "So.... yeah, I can stay if you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment