4/2/10

Catch me

Eli sits still and looks into Scarlet's eyes, feeling her hands wander up to his neck and hair. Her touch sent a tingle down his spine.

As she nears his face again, he interrupts the movement with another swig from his beer bottle. "I don't hire henchmen," he corrects. "Just spies. And this morning...." He eyes her, a sly glint passing through his gaze. "That was a bonus of my job. So technically, we're back to this being the first date."

He reaches up to take one of her hands in his, running his rough thumb through her palm. "Not to mention, when I arrived, you were getting it on with that spy of mine." He tsks and shakes his head. "So this might not even be a date at all."

He sips on his beer again and bounces one leg, to throw Scarlet off balance. Standing abruptly, he dumps her back on her feet, downing the rest of the beer with several large swallows. "Time for me to hit the road, Hot Stuff. There's fireworks in Creston and I'm not gonna miss out."

Reaching out, he runs a finger over her lips one more time. Tossing some money on the table, he swaggers towards the door, turning just as he reaches it. "Catch me if you can," he challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment