4/2/10

Feel stupid

Eli watches the fireworks, though his peripheral vision focuses on Scarlet, noting that she'd dismounted and drew nearer to him.

Hearing her question, his mouth twitches in amusement. Another firework goes off, lighting the sky and sending soft light to Eli's face as if highlighting his rugged features. "If I say yes, that's admitting this is a date and you might try to convince me it's the second one after our little encounter back at the restaurant."

Finally turning his head, he looks at Scarlet and studies her eyes that shimmered in the sparkling light. His little grin turns into a full smile. Her question goes unanswered.

"So tell me..." He remains sitting astride his bike, and crosses his arms over his chest. "Did you figure I wasn't gonna show so you're the type to just pick up the next best thing, or were you and Tal putting on an act just to make me feel stupid?"


Alec opens his eyes, realizing that he'd just started to doze off. He needed to get back to TJY. Ryan still had supper that she'd left in the kitchen and it was probably getting cold, too. But he didn't want to get up. He hadn't been this comfortable in ages. No wonder it was making him sleepy.

Closing his eyes again, he resumes giving Ryan a back rub. "Careful," he warns. "Let me lie here much longer and you won't be able to get rid of me tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment