3/17/10

Forget

Alec takes the pills he's given and sinks back down into his pillow. He might as well take advantage of his situation. If he retaliated too much, Rick would throw him back downstairs and he really didn't want to be cooped up again this soon.

"I didn't," he confirms. "Something.... soft would be nice." He touches his jaw gingerly. "I think they didn't want me to ever eat again."


Reese stops on his way back to his office, leaning over Phinox's cubicle. "Hey..." His tone is contemplative... thoughtful. "I just got done talking with Alec about his experience... And I don't know... he seems to be contradicting himself. I wondered if maybe when you had time, if you could go just ask him a few questions... tell him you need to get a report together for me - which is true. And... we'll compare notes afterward. I know when someone is taken, they might not remember things correctly and they might say one thing one time, and something else another but... I don't know. I just have a strange feeling about it."


Scott hears Hope's voice and feels her hand on his back. He nods numbly that he was okay. "I... I must have fallen."

His fingers clutch the blanket tightly, making his knuckles white. If the doctor hadn't made him think about his nightmares, he probably wouldn't have had another one now, during the day. "Why can't they leave me alone?" he asks hoarsely... quietly, but with anger. "Why do I have to talk about it? It just makes them worse."

Still trembling, he doesn't try to get up off the floor yet and just tries to calm his racing heart as he becomes cold from his own sweat. "I want to forget... I just want to forget."

No comments:

Post a Comment