5/14/10

Don't call me

"Yeah... yeah, sure." Leo looks back up at Cassy, shoving all of his awkwardness aside. "I'd love to come, if you don't mind me being here." It wasn't so much that Leo was excited to watch a class, but Cassy had come so far he wanted to support her any way he could.

Wandering towards the exit, he uses his sleeve to wipe some sweat from his brow. "Thanks for the evening, Cass... I'll um..." He turns to look at her once more. "I'll call or something. Now that I got that trim done outside it needs to be painted and then you should be set to go."


Chance chuckles, cocking his head. "Cook for me, eh? That sounds like it could be fun."

Grinning, he nods to the door. "Well lets get your lawyer visit taken care of, then go from there. If I don't get yanked back to home base, we can go shopping, but you'll have to help me find where to go 'cause this is the first time I've been here."

Heading out the door, he sweeps the area with his eyes while Destiny joins him. Locking up again, he leads the way back to the car. Just as he's starting the engine, the cell phone in his pocket rings.

"Nice timing," he grumbles. Pulling it out to answer it, he goes ahead and backs out of the driveway and heads down the street. "Yeah? What ever happened to 'don't call me, I'll call you'?" He stops at an intersection and looks to Destiny, pointing either way to know which way to go while he remains on the phone. "Yes, I've got the stuff, but it's really not a great time to talk right now. Uh-huh... right. Genius. Yeah, I'm still on board, but cut me some slack here. I'll get back to you when I can. Don't push or I'm liable to push back." His tone had grown a bit irritated. "Just send me the list and I'll work on it."

Flipping the phone shut, he shakes his head as he stuffs it back in his pocket. "Salesmen... never know when to stop."

Coming into downtown, he quickly changes subjects. "Okay... now which way?"


"You walk out the door, so help me, you're not coming back!" Reese slams his file onto his desk as Alec turns his back and defies orders by leaving the office. "Alec Banks, get back here!"

Alec shoots anyone a glare as he heads from Reese's office. It was bad enough to have Jason on his case, now Reese was trying to give him a lecture about thinking before shooting. Alec wasn't an agent... he wasn't an officer, he was not Elite. He didn't have to take this kind of treatment and he wasn't going to.

Hearing Reese yelling at him, he ignores it, not stopping as he hits the outdoors. Looking both ways, he spots one of the Elite cars. One of his eyebrows quirks...

...Pulling into the auto shop, Alec parks and gets out of the shiny black car. Instead of going through the main entrance, he heads around to the open car bays and ambles to Ryan's spot. Leaning on the doorway, he watches her working for several moments before hollering in to her. "Hey, McKade! Ever hear of a lunch break, or are you gonna work all day?!"


"What on earth happened to your bike?" Tal's eyes were still wide when he finds Eli inside working on a car.

Eli looks at him without humor. "Don't ask. But mine wasn't the only one."

Tal stops, looking at him with question until realization hits him. "Not Scarlet's bike too? The one you just painted?"

"Yep." Eli finishes taping around the edges of the car and straightens up, irritation written all over his face.

"Do you know who did it?"

"Yep."

"Well... what are you gonna do about it?"

Eli purses his lips. "What any respectable citizen would do."

"Call the police?"

"Take revenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment