4/8/10

Dave

Alec scratches his head then sighs in defeat. "Okay... I'll try." He settles back on the cot, but then springs up again. "But no promises. I have begun to realize that this is completely beyond my control." He waves his arm around. "So... anything I sayer do... can't be... uh.... held against me."

Flopping onto his back again, he gives Misty a little wave. "Have fun, hott stuff. Just don't... mind me."

Finally closing his eyes, he lets his head settle back in the pillow and he yawns. "Tell Dave I'll talk to him later."


"Mm... lemonade sounds good." Leo grins and nods, heading back over to the tools. "Alright... see you outside."

Pausing at the counter, he watches Cassy leave, his eyes lingering on the empty doorway for a moment. Sighing, he picks up the tools he wants and heads outside. Arriving on the sidewalk, he looks up to the eves above the door. Looked like it needed the old paint scrapped, a few new nails and some new paint. He didn't think it looked like it needed any new wood so it shouldn't be too hard of a job.

Fetching the ladder, he sets to work, climbing up so he can reach above the doorway. Starting to scrape off the paint, chips and flakes flutter down to the ground. A little sweat forms on his brow as the setting sun bathes the building in a warm glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment