3/3/10

Silly

"You kidding me?" Leo laughs, sitting up a little straighter in his overstuffed living room chair. "You better go out with me after slighting me for your brother's party," he teases. "How about lunch? I got some dance stuff going on tomorrow night after work."

He pauses, seeming to think a little harder about it. "Everything okay? You sound a little stressed."


One would think Jade's smile couldn't get any bigger, but it did. "Christmas morning," she answers Katie. "He called me on his cell phone and met me at the door, down on one knee, it was sooooo sweet!"

Glancing up at Dan and seeing the color in his cheeks, she giggles, enjoying every moment of this. "Surprised the tar out of me."

Jason nods to Dan, still grinning. "Well, congratulations. That's awesome."

"Sure is!" Clint nods with enthusiasm, looking to Dan. "That will make you my... cousin... in law?" Laughing, he shakes his head. "You're gonna love married life, I guarantee it. Now all we gotta do is get Jason and Katie hitched and we'll all be set. I was- Ow!" Clint jumps so hard in his chair, he almost falls over. No one would have been able to see Jason's swift kick to his shin under the table.

Ryder gives Thirteen a crooked grin. "They're a silly bunch, aren't they?"

No comments:

Post a Comment