9/26/16

Bed

Travis nodded his thanks, then went and used the restroom. Looking himself in the mirror a few minutes later almost made his stomach churn. He had color in his face again... especially if you considered black and blue. He didn't remember everything, but the way he looked was a stark reminder of what had happened. 

Finishing up, he came back out and just stood, looking at Angel for a few moments, gaining a rather sheepish expression. "Um..." He ran a hand through his unruly hair. "So...I don't really remember a whole lot, and... I have a really foggy memory of like...my dad telling me you're my aunt." He leaned against the wall to steady himself, feeling his body begging him to get back into bed. 

"Am I... absolutely crazy or...?"


"I definitely don't deserve you." Con readily returned Jamie's affection, drawing her close while she sat on the counter. 

Finally pulling back, he sighed. He was exhausted and starving. And all he wanted to do was spend time with Jamie. He knew he should eat though, before it affected his mood. "Okay..." He gave her one last kiss. "Supper. Before I starve."


Pulling out a chair next to Xander, Mick glanced at the photos he was looking at. "Nice looking family." He smiled. "Bet they'll be glad to see you once they come. I'm sorry this situation changed everything for you." He knew the FBI situation would have actually been the clincher, but still, this hadn't helped any. "We'll do our best to help your family get settles again."

An incoming call to Xander interrupted them. It was Chance's voice on the other end. "Xander? We're on the road." They'd wasted no time - Chance had seen to that, and had worked like a trooper to get everything coordinated and loaded into the moving truck, which he was now driving. "I've got a close eye on your family - it's gonna take a bit but we'll be to the ranch soon so just sit tight."


Garret...that name rang a bell in Dr. Hawks' mind. Was he the man Justin had mentioned? "Follow me," he directed, I've got a room you can use.

A few minutes later,  they were in a small room with a couple monitors, playing back footage from the last week or so. "It's like looking for a needle in a haystack," Dr. Hawks admitted. "But if you can find something, great."

Within five minutes, Garret pointed to one screen and made Nate stop the footage. "There. Who's that woman?"

Dr. Hawks cocked his head. "I...don't know."

Garret nodded. "Natalie Fergus. Her expertise is disguise and poisons. She's the one who killed the girl. I'd bet my life on it."




No comments:

Post a Comment