8/20/12

Cake and Ice Cream

Keeping up a small conversation with Rosetta in the kitchen Katie was happy for this time. A little girl time to talk about nothing the guys would find important but to them it was. From guys to how Katie was nervous about going back to Nevada.
  
   "So, I am excited but nervous at the same time. I want to get back to work but seeing Jason...it's gonna feel a little awkward and I just hope we can work ok together."

Drying a few of the dishes off and place them in the cubord Rosetta stops to look at her niece for a moment. She was sad that Katie would be leaving soon, she really was a bright spot here and Rosetta loved having her around. But she also new that Katie had another life she needed to get back too.

   "Oh I am sure at first it will be a little awkward but you guys should be able to work through it. Maybe you worried he will still be angry with you or maybe your angry with him?"

Looking down at the bubbles in the sink Katie runs her hand along the plate with the sponge washing it gently. Was it her own fear of what might be said or rumors that might be going around? Katie new it was something she was feeling, and she new that feeling was fear.

   "Well I think...maybe I jumped to soon and now Jason might be angry with me. I know I need to tell him I am sorry but what if he wont forgive me?"

   "Than he has a lot more growing and learning, not to mention what he'd be giving up. I mean he has a right to be upset and angry, but not to let it turn him bitter. As long as your doing the right thing and that is what shows how strong you are."

Giving a smile Katie was thankful for her Aunts wisdom. If she had a problem that was one person she new could always come to and would tell her right as it was without fear of her leading her wrong. Katie was thankful for that.

Jumping a little as Hunter appears over her shoulder. She hadn't even heard him come into the room but she has happy it would give her a break from the thoughts that ran through her mind. Bringing her hand to Hunter's nose Katie puts some bubbles on it before smiling.

   "Of course I missed you."

Turning around and going to the fridge Rosetta gives a smile and wink to Mick. He'd been waiting all afternoon to figure out what she was making and every time he tried to look she would just shoo him away. 

   "Well...Mr. Impatient since you insist on knowing..."

Bending into the fridge and than pulling out a plate with what looked like a chocolate cake Rosetta sets it on the counter. It was so elegant and looked like it too house to make.

   "I made a chocolate silk cake, and some fresh vanilla ice cream."

No comments:

Post a Comment