8/10/10

Race ya

"Mm-hmm." Gage nods. "That's always better than Chinese."

Grinning, he settles back into the seat to buckle in, and engages Sapphire in some small talk on the way to the restaurant. Remaining alert, thought just a little goofy, Gage keeps up with her through their meal, chattering about this and that. A bit more fidgety than normal, he does manage to be quite awake, and by the time they are finished and get back to his place, he doesn't want her lunch break to be over.

Sitting in the car, not really wanting to get out yet, he sighs. "Now I have to go several hours without seeing you." Giving Sapphire a sidelong glance, he grins before leaning over to give her one more kiss. "But I don't want you clobbering me for not sleeping. So... see you tonight?"


"I said patching, not picking," Chance grumbles, wincing as Misty continues on his face. "Regardless, whether I can pick myself up or not really isn't the issue here, is it?" His tone was full of spite... spite for the Elite and spite for himself. "The whole point is just..." He pauses as Misty cleans his lip, his eyes watering from the sting. "...not getting caught."

Feeling her put the him back into the handcuffs, his head hangs again. He had no idea what fate awaited him. At best, he might get away with a year or two in jail, and that was if Reese was nice to him.

Hearing Misty leaving, he calls to her. "Misty..." He pauses, feeling humiliated. "Someday... if your path crosses with Destiny's... tell her I'm sorry. It wasn't supposed to happen like this."


Being pulled up and closer to Ryan, Leo can feel his face start to redden, but he doesn't pull away. Ryan wanted her friend back, and he wanted to try.

Laughing, he slings his arm around her shoulders to drag her towards the door. "I don't think I'm the only delirious one around here, and no, please don't quit your day job. Then I couldn't tease the other guys for getting beat by a girl every day."

"Heeeey," Axel defends as he ambles out with them. "I'll have you know we're tied at the moment."

"Oh, sorry." Leo smirks. "I'll just make fun of the others then."

"What about you?" Ron shoots back. "You get beat too."

"Ah. But I don't profess to be greater than the almighty, wrench-wielding McKade!" Letting Ryan go, Leo gives her a playful punch to the arm. "Race ya to the pizza box."

No comments:

Post a Comment