7/26/10

Scratch that

Had they always had some kind of feelings for each other? Pete wondered. He'd always liked Nikki... but in the little sister way. Though he couldn't deny that he did remember while she was in high school that she'd been turning into a very pretty young woman. They'd been just far apart enough in age though that he'd stopped any thoughts before they even had a chance to form. Her, on the other hand... he had no idea if she'd actually liked him more or not. Perhaps she had and he hadn't known.

Chuckling again, his movement jostles Nikki just a little bit as she lays on him. "Okay. I haven't had any better offers lately."

Grinning, he taps her nose with his finger. Rolling over, he would have dumped her right onto the floor, had he not had a firm hold around her. Sitting up, he pulls her sideways onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her. "Shh..." he whispers. "We're missing the end of the movie."

Quirking an eyebrow, he stares at the credits that were rolling. "Scratch that. We already did miss the end of the movie."


"Okay." Leo smiles the best he can under the circumstances. He still hurt all over and he still felt like a loser but... Cassy had a way of helping wipe away those bad feelings.

"I'll pick you up at the studio," he agrees. "I don't work but... I got some stuff to clean up... including myself, I guess."

Once finished with his lip and the bleeding has stopped again, Leo finds himself at the front door again, ready to leave. "Thanks, Cass... for... for everything. I don't know what I did to deserve you but... I'm glad you put up with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment