4/18/10

TLC

A little grin appears on Eli's face. Ryan could read him so well, even after their years apart. There were just some things that only siblings shared.

The fact that his expression reminded her of their father sends a little pang to his heart. Would his father be proud of him now? He wondered.

"Mmm... yeah, I'm okay." He chuckles. "I guess that leaves thinking too hard."

Slinking down a little more in his chair, his shoulders slouch and he still hasn't bothered to take off his jacket or boots. His eyes wander to his sister, knowing she wouldn't let him go this easily. Her and her big cute eyes looking back at him, open to hear his explanation of why he'd come in so dismally.

"Remember the other night... when I said I didn't have a date, but I wound up with that girl who wanted a paint job on her bike? Well... we went out again today for lunch when she brought in her bike." Eli shrugs lamely. "I don't know. She's... different."

He gives Ryan a sheepish grin. "Yeah. Me not being able to figure out a woman. I guess it bothers me for some reason. One minute I think she's got no business wanting a man 'cause she's got the world figured out and knows how to get whatever she wants. Bold-headed, gutsy... got a good head on he shoulders. Then the next minute I see a woman who wants some good ol' TLC, almost like she's lonely and wants to hold someone's hand."

Eli sighs and shrugs again. "She wants to date me... steady-like, ya know. I'm just not so sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment