4/1/10

Sorry rear end

Scott isn't sure he really understands, but he's too weary to care. Hope's request lingers until he finally nods. "Just a little. I'm not very hungry."

A little while later, Scott manages to sit up in bed so he can hold a bowl of soup. The window was dark by now and a few stars dotted the sky.

Taking a few small spoonfuls of soup, Scott slowly downs about a quarter of the bowl before setting it aside. Pulling his knees up to his chest, he takes his usual position of wrapping his arms around his legs and resting his chin on his knees.

"What's gonna happen to me, Hope?" he asks quietly. "I feel like I'm... like I'm getting worse."

Whether he realized it or not could be up for debate, but to someone listening closely, they would have recognized that he'd just admitted he'd needed help to begin with. For to say he was getting worse would have meant he had to have been in need prior to this.



"Later!" Eli calls as he grabs his keys and heads for the door, having no idea of the in-depth conversation going on in the kitchen. He'd changed into his black jeans and plain black t-shirt, throwing on a bit of aftershave, then had donned his motorcycle boots and leather jacket. Once outside, he aims for his motorcycle, pulling on his gloves that left his fingers free. Only a moment is needed to don his helmet and his engine revs as he heads down the street.


Having Ryan turn away, Alec could hear hurt in her voice and some irritation too. He gives a little sigh. Maybe his words really had been stupid after all. Maybe she'd just be mad at him and tell him to take a hike. Maybe he deserved it.

Straightening up, he turns and is just about ready to tell her goodnight when she's back again with her arms around him. He raises his eyebrows a little bit, his hands automatically moving to her waist. Her words seemed to bring him relief, proving that even if he'd made a bad call, she wasn't going to hate him for it.

Alec gives a low growl as Ryan moves to kiss his neck, pulling her against him. Then as her lips find his, he kisses her back with passion, gripping her as closely to him as he could until she pulls back.

"Mm... that's a good reminder but..." His eyes drift to the now-empty living room then back to Ryan. "I don't know... it might take more than that for me to remember that a week from now."


"Why... can't you leave?" Tal racks his brain. "Um... well... just because." He offers a smile, but sees that he's getting nowhere with convincing Scarlet of anything.

Finally he just rolls his eyes and sighs deeply. "Look, you can't say anything to him, alright? Eli's paying me to keep you here after I called him and told him you showed up. He's on his way and now I'm wishing I never would have called him because I have just made the biggest idiot of myself as I ever have." His eyes narrow. "It would have been easier for me to use my own pick-up line and left him sitting at home with his own sorry rear end."

Finished ranting, he looks back at Scarlet and rolls his eyes. "So will you stay so at least he'll think I've done my part?"

No comments:

Post a Comment