3/7/10

Home

Scott nods a little. "Thank you. I... don't know what else I would do but... maybe it would be best, ya know? Clear my head. That sort of thing."

Sighing deeply, he leans back, pulling Hope with him as he lies on the car hood, his head now against the windshield. Gazing up at the sky, he points at the passing clouds. "I used to be able to guess what they looked like. Now... now it seems all imagination has left me. It's like... I have so many facts and hard figures that there's no room for imagination. I want it back... I want to think for myself again."


Sparky growls and leans forward to put his face in his hands. "I know," he mumbles. "I can't help it. I just... don't wanna lose something so soon after I got it."

Sighing, he straightens again and looks at his sister. "Thank you though... I'd be a total mess if I were here alone."


"Come on, Eric... I'm trying to help you." Jim struggles to keep the cold cloth on Eric's head as he tosses and turns in the bed.

Eric writhes with pain and fever, soaking the bedsheets with sweat that had started an hour ago. His fever had risen and he was shaking all over from cold chills as he burned up. Hearing Jim's voice, he nods, but just can't seem to hold himself still. "It's hot... hot."

"I know, but you gotta keep these blankets on," Jim persists. Sighing, he leaves the wet rag and goes for the phone. "Angel... this fever's just getting worse. I don't know what to do. You got anything stronger to try to get it down?"


"Hey, hon." JT lets himself into the little room that was now so familiar. Sitting down on the edge of Bree's bed, he takes her hand. "I just got off the phone. We can go home tomorrow." He smiles, hoping that she would be as relieved as he was to hear the news.

"David said they've completed everything for getting you a restraining order for your parents and their hired thugs, and no one from the hospital is to even think about accepting you again. How about that? You ready to go home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment