3/7/10

Appetite

Leo smiles, knowing what Cassy meant. He didn't feel like going yet either, but he knew it was getting late and he should go. "We're both lonely tonight, Cassy... that's what I'm afraid of." His eyes are gentle and he gives her a wink, knowing she would understand. More mistakes was what neither of them needed.

"Thanks for the tea and the conversation." Taking his jacket and fishing for his keys, he heads for the door but turns around once more. "It was good to see you again. Good luck with your studio and... if you ever need work done on your car, look me up. I could get you a good deal."


"I miss you too." Scott is silent for a few long moments before letting out a sigh. "Good night, Hope. I'll... see you tomorrow."

Ending the call, he hangs up the phone and just sits a while, hearing the television in the other room. He looks down at his slice of pizza and takes one more bite, but then pushes it away. He hadn't had an appetite for days... maybe weeks, he couldn't remember. If he wasn't careful, Rick would get after him, but for now, he just didn't want to eat.

Getting up from the table, he wanders into the living room and finds the end of the couch to sit, pulling his feet up too to rest his knees against his chest. He was so thin, it was easy for him to do as he wraps his arms around his legs and stares at the television. "I'll take you up on your offer to stay," he mentions to Dalton. "If... if it's still okay with you."


Mick was a little relieved that Rosetta didn't know this either - at least he hadn't been purposely left out of the loop. "Christmas morning, apparently. I guess Dan went up to see Jade and asked her and she said yes."

He takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "They just told me a bit ago... I didn't know what to say so I just walked away before I said something I'd regret. I just..." He shakes his head. "Can't believe it or I don't understand or something. I don't think Jade has any idea what she's getting herself into. I mean, to date Dan is one thing but... but to marry him? I just think it's a little much at this point... for her... for her age, I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment