3/24/10

Casual

Seeing the look in Angelica's eye and hearing her words, David's hand slowly slides from her face, his shoulders dropping slightly. Sitting back a little more to give her more space, a small smile comes to his lips and he shakes his head.

"No... no, you never led me on, Angelica. I guess it was always just an unattainable dream of mine that I should have let go a long time ago when I saw you weren't interested. It's not your fault - it's mine." Now it was he who felt foolish. "I'm sorry." His smile widens. "You'll always have been my favorite partner though."

Turning back to the table, he gathers up his papers and puts them in his briefcase, standing, ready to leave for the night. "I'm going to head back to the hotel," he mentions casually, totally leaving behind what had just happened between them. "I'll see you in the morning over at the jail to meet with Gunner."

No comments:

Post a Comment