7/30/12

I Promised

Taking the bottle from Angel, Hunter nods at her instructions. "Okay... thanks." In reality, he knew that a hammer wouldn't be the next step - a shrink would. And that was something he was unwilling to try. 

Leaving with Katie, he wanders beside her towards the bunkhouses. "I'm not gonna be any good today at all with the shape I'm in." Sighing, he studies the bottle in his hand as they walk. "Maybe I should just try to sleep today instead of worrying about barn work or riding, I don't know." In reality, he was afraid this wouldn't work, and he really didn't want to have nightmares during the day too. At least he'd contained them to the night so far. But he was so tired...


It was only moments after the two had left Angel's office that there was another knock to her door. Poking his head inside, Jeff spots her before entering. "Morning..." He hadn't talked to her much since he'd come back from the hospital, making him feel just a little awkward, but he knew it was time. 

"Um... I don't want to bother you, I just... well, I promised Katie I'd go riding with her when I felt better, and I do. I was thinking about tomorrow but... I wanted your approval first. If you don't think I should yet then... I won't."




No comments:

Post a Comment