6/21/12

Suspicions

Hunter enjoys his walk with Katie, soaking up all the sights and sounds, and being introduced to a few more people. He was putting faces to names and he liked it. It had been a while since he'd been out in the fresh air like this. Away from the city and all the hustle and bustle. It was rather nice.

Ambling beside Katie, he nods. "Yeah... when I first pulled up I wasn't sure what to expect. Now I see there's a whole lot more going on here than you can see from the road." 

Heading slowly up the lane back towards the ranch, he hooks his hands in his pockets and lets his eyes roam the area quietly for several minutes. "So, um.... looks like you're doing good..." He gives Katie a sidelong glance. "Looks can be deceiving though... Is being here helping you like you wanted?" 


"Yes!" Jason spins around and points at Misty. "That's exactly what it is! Okay, Alec it's your turn."

"Whoa, whoa, wait a minute..." Alec reaches to the table and picks up the card Jason had drawn. "And electrical charge? Seriously?" 

"Oh, that's the wrong card."

"It is not!" Alec smirks at him. "You just don't want to admit you're a crappy artist." 

"Ha!" Jason throws his own smirk before capping the marker. "Put your pen where your mouth is."

"Nuh-uh. I'm done." Alec shakes his head and grins. "You've seen enough of my bad artistry for one night." 

Jason rolls his eyes and comes to sink back down in his chair, throwing a smile at Misty. "I guess this troop is about done." He glances at his watch, his eyes widening. "Whoopsies... I had no idea how late it was. I better go before I get thrown out."


"...and I think he's been here quite a bit after hours." Pete shrugs as he leans on Reese's open office doorway. It was late but he'd come in for some paperwork and had found Reese still here. 

Reese sighs deeply. "You really think Carson would be involved with the Agency again?"

"I never thought he'd leave Misty. That leaves things pretty wide open."

"Yeah." Reese didn't want to admit it, but it was true. Carson had surprised him with one thing - what was to say he wasn't in something deeper than he thought. "Okay, thanks. I'll do some checking and see if there's anything to what Carson's been doing here and maybe I'll have you start keeping an eye on him from a distance."

Ten minutes later, Reese was in Dalton's office. "Don't you know it's past time to go home?" he chides. He knew the big guy liked to work late sometimes though, especially when he didn't have a date, and Reese didn't mind. "Listen... I know Carson's been coming here late at night for a while and using computers. He told me once he was just doing some research but..." He shrugs. "Well, I just want to know exactly what he's been researching. I think he's been using Misty's computer. Think you could find out what he's been up to and let me know?"


No comments:

Post a Comment