6/21/12

Square

Hunter ducks but still gets whacked before looking up at Katie with a silly grin. "Okay okay... but I'm still gonna earn my keep." It felt strange enough being here, he wasn't going to feel like a moocher too. 

Standing up, he stretches, stifling a yawn. He liked roadtrips, but it had been a long bike ride. "I'd say lets go for a ride but I'm not sure I'm awake enough to stay in the saddle." He laughs. "How about keeping our feet on the ground and going for a walk instead? I still want to see more around the ranch - it's bigger than I thought."


As Misty leaves her picture, Jason and Alec just laugh all the more, only serving to throw Alec into a coughing fit. Jason snickers as he stands to take his turn. "See what you did to him, Misty? Poor guy. You're gonna kill him."

"I'm okay!" Alec holds up his hand as his eyes water and he stifles another cough. 

Jason grins and reaches out to take a card from Misty. "I'll do my best not to get an easy...." His sentence trails off as he reads the card and he rolls his eyes. "Oh this ought to be good." 

Alec lifts his pop in a toast. "To the great artist."

"An artist I am not." Jason smirks but goes to the white board anyway.

As he starts to scribble, Alec cocks his head then leans over closer to Misty. "I dunno but... I think whatever it is, it's related to your wind." 

Jason throws a glance over his shoulder. "Hers was round. Mine is square."

"That's a square?"

"Well yeah, it has four sides."

"Dude, it looks like a diamond."

"It does not!" Jason uses his hand to wipe off his original picture and starts over. "Stop distracting me."

"It's good practice to do this under pressure."

Jason keeps his eyes on the board, trying not to laugh again. And "electrical charge" was not something he'd ever thought he'd have to draw. "Stop talking."

Alec snickers and takes another sip of pop. "Hey, I know! It's a spider!" 

Jason's eyes widen. "A square spider??" 

"I saw one of them once."

There's a pause of total silence before the guys burst out laughing again. 

"Misty, help me!" Jason begs. "Start guessing before I start throwing things at your friend there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment