6/13/12

Couch

Glancing down at his hand as Misty touches it, a lump rises in his throat. "Thank you," he almost whispers. Why she cared, he'd never know. Ever since he'd met her, there had been something special he'd sensed. But he still couldn't put his finger on it. All he knew was that right now, he deserved everything that everybody else was giving him - rejection... condemnation. But Misty... she was accepting and willing to help. 

Withdrawing his hand, he stifles a cough before standing to take his empty bowl to the sink. Coming back to the table, he stands awkwardly for a moment and bites his lip. "Um... would it... would it be okay if I sacked out on the couch?" He knew she'd offered for him to stay but he wasn't about to assume anything. "I'm about ready to pass out - I don't think I better try walking home." 


Hunter smiles at Katie's reference to the sunrise. He hadn't thought his little phrase would have stuck. But he was glad to know that maybe it was helping just a little. As she talks about her dad, he wonders for a moment what it must be like... spending time with a father and enjoying it, that is. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a good time with his dad, although the last time he'd seen him was burned into his mind forever. 

"Ah well, things are always missed on vacations. At least you know you're coming back in a while. Although a few things around here miss you too." He grins, imagining Katie blushing, then he chuckles. "Well I'm glad you're doing alright."

He pauses, growing a little more serious, and his tone quieting slightly. "Thanks for calling me, Katie. I guess I needed a bit of sane conversation more than I thought."



No comments:

Post a Comment