4/3/12

Irresistible

Hunter finally relents to being taken inside and wobbles just a little as they go through the door and go downstairs. Looking around as they pass through the main floor, he tries to figure out just exactly what this place was. It was quieter tonight than maybe he would have expected. Much more interesting than the downtown police station, for sure.

Regaining a silly sort of grin, he shakes his head as he's taken into the holding cell. "First off, I'm not drunk. I'm slightly intoxicated, which is why I can't shut up. If I was drunk, I'd still be puking in your car, which I'm assuming Brad is doing right about now in your buddy's car. My apologies. Brad can't hold his liquor. And... when I'm sober, I'm not smooth... I'm downright irresistible."

Turning around, he stares at Katie a bit sheepishly. He was indeed a bit tipsy but not so far gone that he couldn't think. He holds up his cuffed hands. "I promise not to run away, especially if you bring me a cup of coffee. Maybe if you can sober me up, we can have a formal introduction, where I promise not to keep talking your ear off."


Eric stares up at the late night sky, letting his eyes study the stars. There wasn't a cloud in sight, making it seem as though there were an extra million points of light.

It was late, but again, he hadn't been able to sleep. The day had been alright. He wasn't sure why he felt stressed. Things were going fine. The barn was running smoothly. Jeff was taking off tomorrow to spend a couple weeks with Jay's family. Dylan was slowly improving. The shock of the news about Wes was wearing off. There wasn't much he should be worried about. Maybe it was just a simple case of insomnia.

Sitting in the open door of the barn hayloft, he had one leg propped up so his knee could serve as an armrest, while his other leg hung out the door alongside the outside barn wall. Unless someone would walk behind the barn and look up, no one would ever spot him.

No comments:

Post a Comment