3/1/12

Tention

For a bref moment Beth feels as though there was tension in the room. It was strange to feel this, with two people she had never felt it with before. Even if she had only seen Zach a few other times it had never been there and now it was. The air, it seemed to almost be thick enough to cut with a knife.

"So...."

Beth wasn't sure what to say next. It felt like she should say something or offer maybe an explanation to what Justin did but she was cut off to quickly as Justin bids his farewell. Being slightly confused Beth gives a small wave.

"Give me a call later if you want. I'll be up late after work."

Once Justin was gone Beth turns back to Zach. Her look was one that was slightly apoligetic. If she had felt the tension than there was no doubt that Zach did too. Not really knowing Justin it must have been even worse for him.

"That was strange, Justin is not normally like that. I'm sorry if that was awkward for you or anything."

Starting to walk again Beth new she had to or this whole thing would get her worked up. She wasn't sure why it happened but it bothered her and she hoped both her friends were ok. Maybe in this setting it was just to strange to them. But something just made Beth wants to explain a little more to Zach.

"Justin doesn't really work here. He just comes times to help people here. His Uncle is a Dr here. I met him not to long ago when our paths crossed a while ago. He was the first friend I ever had and he helped me a lot without me even knowing it. Now I do say he is one of my best friends. There is a lot more to the story there but maybe I can explain that over another cup of coffee sometime. Its a long story and..."

Truth was she never told anyone but Justin so the thought of telling someone else kind of scared her. Maybe if she could take some time to think about it, and maybe in a more comfortable setting she would be ok.

"...It's not that I dont trust you but its hard for me and I think coffee would be a more comfortable place to explain everything."

As Eric shoots the foam Ashlee's way she giggles and looks over the horses brawd back at him squinting her eyes.

"Oh sure your in on it too now hummm?"

Going back to work for a moment Ashlee is quiet but slowly a grin forms on her lips as she takes a hand full of bubbles and throws them over the horse and in Eric's direction. Trying to hold in a laugh she goes back to work trying to get the dirt. Though a small little snicker does slip out.

No comments:

Post a Comment