2/9/12

Visitor

"Hmm?" Carson had already been lost in his own thoughts. "Oh. Nothing." He shrugs and pushes off the counter to clean up a spot near the sink he'd just noticed. "Ryder was asking me about an old case the other day and I couldn't remember the details so I just wanna look up the report. Speaking of which, do you have any idea how he and Thirteen are getting along? When I asked him, he didn't say much."


JT chuckles. "Yeah... I'd forgotten how much I enjoy camping out. Used to be a yearly event - if not more often - with Bree and me. Guess maybe it's time to get back to that tradition."


The sound of a motorcycle engine outside the auto shop turns a few mechanics' heads but it was a busy day so most eyes remain on task. "Axel! How long?" Darrel calls from inside the waiting area.

Axel glares at the engine he'd been working on for the last two hours. "Don't know," he yells back without looking.

"I need an estimate!"

Darrel's irritated tone didn't help matters, nor did Axel's hand slipping, giving him a nice cut for his efforts. "I don't have one!" he barks.

The door closed again.

Axel mutters under his breath and goes to clean his hand up.

Leo and Jed exchange looks as they work together on a van. "Is it just me or has he been a grouch all day?" Jed asks quietly.

Leo nods. "He has. What worries me though, is that usually his grouchiness only comes out through him being extra quiet. He never snaps at anybody, let alone Darrel."

"I know. Any idea what's up with him?"

"Nope. He was fine yesterday."

Jed shrugs and goes back to working on the engine. "Guess it's none of our business if he doesn't say anything."

While they were chatting amongst themselves, a shadow crosses the floor. Alec sets his sunglasses up on his head and folds his arms, leaning on the open bay doorframe. His eyes roam the shop before landing on Ryan.

Leo glances up and blinks. Almost immediately, he bristles.

"Hey." Jed bumps him. "I said I need that wrench." Not receiving a response, he follows Leo's gaze to the door then quirks an eyebrow. "Well look who the cat dragged in."

Alec doesn't say anything but simply stands, watching Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment