8/4/10

Quite possibly

Gage's arm slips around Sapphire as he returns a gentle kiss and a smile. Tonight had been a blast and he couldn't be happier that he'd spent it with her.

"I'm hungry," he responds. "Can't go to bed on an empty stomach, right? And besides, if I'm dead at work tonight, they won't care anyway."

He leans in to give her another little kiss before releasing her so she could get in the car. "I'll be fine," he assures. "I'm not even tired, but I'm dying for some pizza."


Eli doesn't mind when Ryan gets comfy on the couch or when she uses his lap as a pillow. With his own feet up and relaxing, it was rather comfortable for him too, so he doesn't care.

His eyes only begin to grow heavy as the movie comes to a close and the credits start to roll. He likes the music though, so he doesn't stop it yet. Glancing down at Ryan, he purses his lips. Maybe it was good he was here right now. But... what if he wasn't? What if he wasn't around anymore? He knew she'd survived quite well on her own before he'd come here but... now that he was here, he did feel a responsibility towards her. Not to mention, he was just fine with being here for her if things with Alec fell apart. Would he really consider moving?

He sighs and ruffles his sister's hair. "Yo, Speedy... you gonna speed to bed or are you staying up a while yet?'


"Oh my word." Pete puts a hand over his full stomach as Nikki brings the cheesecake. "You didn't..." But she had. She'd remembered his favorite and had made it since he was coming over. He couldn't help it that it made him feel good inside.

"I thought I didn't have any room left but... I think I just found some more space."

Grinning, he looks up at Nikki, and for a brief moment, he remembers the evening before, looking up into her face as he'd discovered that quite possibly, he had more than friendship feelings there for her. His eyes give off a little sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment