4/9/10

Changed your mind

Ty gives Libby's hand a little squeeze, knowing that right now she just needed some extra special attention. "Something to drink it is, then. C'mon and I'll show you where everything is so you'll know your way around."

Leading her to the kitchen, he head to the cupboard over the sink. "Right side is glasses..." He opens the cupboard to show her. "And... left side is plates. Silverware is down in this drawer here..." He pulls it open, then shuts it again. "I want you to feel free to get whatever you need or want while you're here, okay? The only time there's food that's off limits is when Wyatt brings home leftovers or something that he's saving for lunch the next day, or sometimes he's a turd and doesn't want to share what Aerith has fixed."

Ty grins and opens up the refrigerator. "If that's the case, he puts a note on it so it's obvious, 'cause he knows I'll scrounge up anything when I'm hungry and I'm always hungry."

Chuckling, he points to the bottles of pop and pitchers of ice tea or juice. "Wyatt keeps us stocked up, so whatever you want to drink is here. And...." He reaches in for the small pizza box. "This is my beloved leftovers."

It's only a few minutes before he's settled at the kitchen table to eat across from Libby. "Need anything later, just call TJY, okay?"


Leo hadn't meant to make Cassy backtrack, but maybe it was for the best. He liked her company, he really did. It was just...

Sighing a little, he finally climbs down the ladder, giving up on the outside project for tonight. "Maybe... just sticking with the friends thing would be good." He manages a smile, not wanting to make Cassy feel bad. Unfortunately, this conversation was inevitable. He wasn't in a relationship, she wasn't in a relationship, and they were spending a lot of time together. It was only natural that this would come up at some point. It didn't make it any less awkward though.

Getting to the ground, he stands in front of her, looking down at her sunlit face. "I'm just... not ready for anything else yet, Cass. It's not you though..." He quirks another little smile. "I like spending time over here. It's just..." He shrugs lamely. "I think you know what I'm trying to say." He reaches out to tuck a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "I like being friends with you and right now... I think that's all I can handle... if it's okay with you. I still wanna do dinner and movie though... unless you've changed your mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment