3/2/10

I guess

Eli is about ready to give up asking his sister if everything was alright, when she finally asks him her question. It surprised him though, and his eyebrows immediately rise and his head turns so he could see her. The look in his eye concerned him a little - there really was something going on with her.

Her question was a confusing one and it took him completely off guard. "In love?" As Ryan elaborates, his brow furrows, trying to understand. "You... you talking about when you found Leo? Or... now?"

Shaking his head, he shifts his weight so he can see her better, leaning one elbow up on the back of the couch to rest his head against his hand. He knew she wanted an answer from him before it was his turn for questions. "I don't know." He gives a little shrug. "Had a few girls... you know me, always looking." He gives her a sheepish grin. "Naw... about two years ago... I had someone. Sasha. Nice... sweet... moved in with her for about six months."

He knows that Ryan probably didn't know a thing about that. "Shouldn't have... but I did. I didn't find someone else though - she did. But afterward, I realized it just wasn't that hard to leave... so I don't think my feelings ran deep enough to begin with."

It wasn't often Eli talked about his feelings, but when it was just him and Ryan, it wasn't too awkward. "So I guess my answer is no." He gives a slight laugh. "I think I know what you mean though. I saw that look in Sasha's eyes... she told me she loved me, but when Neil came along.... there was something different that even I could see. She never looked at me like she looked at him. Don't know what it feels like, but I know it can exist."

Pausing, he studies his sister again. "So who you having second thoughts about?"

No comments:

Post a Comment