3/6/10

Hate

Leo bypasses Cassy's question for now, feeling as though he should at least say something in response to her explanation.

"I'm sorry. No one should feel like dead weight." He takes a sip of his tea, finding that it tasted pretty good tonight. "If he dropped you now though, it's just as well that you found out what he was really like rather than even further down the road."

He looks over to see Cassy's emotion-filled eyes. "You're not crazy either, by the way. I know the look you're talking about."

Sighing, he stares down into the tea, the steam gently rising. Her question still was unanswered and he knew it was only fair that he now took his turn at explaining. "Yeah... yeah I guess it was a dark cloud that led me to the bar tonight."

He shrugs lamely, still somewhat in a state of shock over the whole thing. "Girlfriend dumped me today. She didn't say it straight out, but I know it's because of another guy and he's bad news. But I guess if she wants to take that risk rather than sticking with someone like me then that's her choice. Better to be rid of her than have her hang around while her eyes wander elsewhere. Sucks I gotta work with her every day though."


Scott takes the phone and nods numbly to Dalton. He didn't know if he would be staying or not. His mind was just in such a state that he could only think of one thing at a time and right now he knew he needed to call Hope.

Dialing, he listens to the rings then finally her voice answering. "Hope... it's me. I... I'm with Dalton. I, um... I'm sorry about lunch today. Had a rough night and totally spaced it. He said you were worried so I thought I would call."

He bites his lip, feeling sorry for making her worry. He'd just felt like he'd been half-dead all day long and he knew Hope would be able to sense his weariness in his voice. "I...I don't know if I'll be in to work tomorrow either."


Dylan scoffs as BJ sits down. "If you're so smart, how come you talk like a five-year-old?" He knew good and well about BJ's speech problems, but a biting remark was what he'd wanted.

Hearing BJ's question, he rolls his eyes. "Well for starters, I can't even get any time alone without some pain-in-the-butt little kid coming and bothering me. Second, I hate Dad and I don't want to be around him. Third, I hate horses - they stink. Fourth, I don't want to spend my days looking at all the happy-go-lucky faces around here of all the hypocrites who pretend to have perfect lives."

He knew he was talking over BJ's head, but also knew the tone would get his point across. "Now for the last time... go away and leave me alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment