2/28/10

Freedom

Reese listens to Ryan on one line, while Con was on hold on the other, just having reported back that he'd lost Alec and Ryan and couldn't find them.

He smirks at the phone. "No. You got fifteen minutes to get your hind end back here, Miss McKade. I never told you you wouldn't be followed. If you're gonna spend all your time making out on car hoods and playing hide and seek, then that's your decision. You had an hour, and I expect you back, or Alec's not going to be able to go out again."

Alec chews on a french fry, just able to hear Reese's loud tone coming through Ryan's cell phone. Not even letting her respond, he reaches over and takes the phone from her, shutting it and tossing it into the back seat. "He'll get over it."

Taking a sip of pop, he leans back and looks out the window at the open lot. Trees could be seen and beyond that... it was left up to the imagination. "Reese wants to lock me up, he'll do it whether I'm on time or not," he mutters. "You see that?" He points out the window at the scenery. "That's freedom. Right here, right now, I can walk away, disappear and not go back. Give me one good reason I shouldn't.


Reese realizes the call has been dropped and he hangs up, muttering to himself. Picking up the receiver again, he gets Con once more. "It was Ryan. She's fine, apparently. Keep looking around - though I think they're going to come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment