1/27/10

Hiding something?

JT still grins and nods. "Good."

Not having a clue what else to say, he's quiet for several moments until he changes the subject. "Guess we better keep walking so we can make it back inside eventually. I don't want Bree to think I abandoned her."


Under the anesthesia, strange dreams come to Axel's mind. Not bad, not good, oddly familiar yet foreign too. It was a strange world of unconsciousness that wouldn't lift for several hours. When it does though, he finds himself right where he'd been the last he'd seen of Misty.

Still in a thick fog, Axel's eyes try to open as they move about lethargically. He felt like he was still dreaming, trying to run, but finding he wasn't going anywhere. Blinking a couple times, he tries to focus. At first, he wasn't even sure he knew what was going on or why he was here, but gradually he remembers. There were lights on, but the little window near the ceiling on the other wall was dark, proving that hours had passed.

Swallowing hard, Axel licks his dry lips, then lets his eyes fall shut again. "Am I... still alive?" he mumbles groggily.


"I don't know." Leo shrugs at Ryan's question. "I know you wouldn't make fun of me, but  I know my hobby isn't typical either. I guess I might laugh at me too."

Hearing Eli might tease him, he chuckles. "That doesn't surprise me. If your brother doesn't ease someone, either he doesn't like them, or something is wrong. That much I've figured out."

Arriving to Mom and Pop's a while later, Leo finds a parking space and turns off the car. Turning to Ryan, he just looks at her for several minutes, the lights from the parking lot casting a soft glow against her face. Whether she was comfortable or not, she'd done herself up right pretty tonight, and only the dead wouldn't notice.

Reaching out, Leo cradles the side of her face with his palm and without saying anything, he leans in to find her lips with his own. It was a tender kiss, but filled with an emotion that proved more existed here than mere physical attractions. His feelings for Ryan were growing, and he lets her know through this simple gesture.


A click signals Kip's door being unlocked and it cracks open before Karla can walk too far. Half of Kip's face is hidden, but one could see his eyes were red. He tries to hide them though, refusing to look Karla in the eye, and seeming to almost hide behind the door for an unknown reason.

"If you need anything, let someone know," he mentions quietly. The spark in his voice was gone. "Sorry I... I left you. I, um... didn't feel good all of a sudden."

No comments:

Post a Comment