10/9/16

Chunks

   "Hey it's not my fault you are a pretty good cook. Start burning more stuff and I wouldn't want you to cook. I do that enough on my own."

Adison wasn't a bad cook, she just didn't do it enough and didn't have the pashent to sit there and wait. She always wondered off and got side tracked.

As Kirk comes over to her Adison lays her head on his arm thinking. After a few seconds she pops her head up..if she left it there to long she'd definitely fall asleep.

   "PEPPER....definitely need pepper."

As he turns around she throws him a wink and sticks out her toung. Slidding off the counter and heading to the fridge she grabs the OJ and peppers before going back to where Kirk was and starts to cut them up.

   "Big chunks or little chunks today?"

Nate thinks a long moment about his wife's suggestion. Maybe Garret needed to see what real true family love was. To be in a family and to be cared for. Still silent he nods even though Laura couldn't see him.

    "I dont see anything wrong with that. It might be just what he needs. We'll both be home tonight. He can use the spare bedroom downstairs for now..  what would I do without you hmmm?"

Finishing his conversation with Laura Nate hangs up the phone before leaning back in his chair for a long moment. Hopefully Garret would be to sick to fight with him, because this was one battle he would lose. 

Working just a few more hours it was finally time to go. Grabbing his keys and jacket Nate made his way to Garrets room. Knocking and opening the door he just looks at him a long moment. He looked terrible.

   "Garret, grab you things. You are going to come and stay with Laura and I for a while. You need to get better and this is not the place for it. Laura insisted, so if I dont come home with you I'm a dead man."

Watching Travis Ashlee cant help the smile that spread across her face. Sitting down next to Travis she reaches over and and pet the kitten. How gentile he was with the small animal it made her smile grow even more.

   "Most everyone is up this early. Everyone have there chores to help the ranch run smoothly. I don't always have the early morning shift but I am up that early anyways. I like seeing the sun rise, and I like seeing it set."

She is quiet for a moment before looking at Travis and smiling again. He was so adorable with the kitten just sitting in his lap. She hadn't noticed it before but he was pretty cute. Looking back down at the kitten she didn't want to be caught staring at him to long. Her cheeks turned a shade of red. 

   "Its just peaceful watching it. Kind of starts the day off right, and ends it washing away anything bad that had happened. I know that sounds silly, but...I just like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment