12/6/15

Actions Louder Than Words

Letting Garret come closer Nate held up a finger on his bumb arm to hold that one who might be watch cameras would only see. He was couscous but he did not feat Garret. He new it was hard for the others to understand but he understood it, and he trusted his gut. Looking Garret back in the eye Nate was quiet for a long moment. So much was unsaid, and yet it felt like he was still making a step forward with Garret and really thats all he cared about.

   "The thought didn't even cross my mind to keep them on you. However, I will have to keep Victoria's on. She did shoot me after all. But you are free of yours for now."

Leaning down Nate uses his good hand and slips the key inside the lock and turning. The chain and cuffs around Garret's feet falling to the ground. Standing Nate does the same with Garret's hands but stops before turning up and looking at Garret once again in the eye. Close enough one might not be able to read his lips.

   "Sometimes in tight situations its hard to hide emotions, even for the most skilled in the art. I want you to know I've taken on being responsible for you. Everything that has to do with you is now in my hands. If you are scared Victoria will be used against you, rest a sure I will do all I can not to let that happen. Agency or not, information or not, I dont believe that is something that should be messed with. Family, love, or friend...I dont believe with using that to ones advantage."

Turning the key and letting the cuffs fall to the floor Nate turns to starts for the door. Opening it he turns around and motions for Garret to follow.

   "Come on, Victoria is right next door."

Walking back and forth once more Victoria like a caged animal and she hated it. Waiting was never her strong suit and she wondered if she was going to have to wait longer than she though. The Elite didn't slip up much, but sooner or later they would have to and she'd use that to her advantage. How long would she have to wait though. How long would Garret have to wait. Was he even still there? Being in the dark was no fun, and Victoria hated it. 

Ryan was happy Eli was there.  What would she do without her big brother? He always seemed to know just how to reassure her even when everything was a mess. He was just as confused as she was, and probley even more scared. Ryan hated knowing she was causing that, but she didn't know what was what to stop it.

Hearing her brother's question Ryan looks down at the blanket draped over her lap. Picking at a loose string that she seemed to have found she was just quiet for a long moment. Finally looking up at him she couldn't help the tears that still ran down her face.

   "I...I guess I was. I new I'd always have a small place in my heart for him, but...I guess I didn't bury it like I thought I did. Actions speak louder than words right?"

Letting out a long sigh Ryan closes her eyes again and leans her head back on the pillow. She felt sick, she felt sad, she felt angry...she just felt all kinds of messed up. How could this all really be happening? She always thought she was a down to earth kind of person but now...now she was broken.

   "He really is gone....isn't he?"

No comments:

Post a Comment