9/5/15

Sometimes

   "I have trusted you Eli always, with everything we have done. But that trust is there because of our honesty, and openness."

Taking her helmet Scarlet holds it for a long moment just searching Eli's face. She was angry at him, upset, and hurt. She new her eyes told most of that already so she didn't really need to say anything. She just didn't understand why Eli was doing this.

   "It's not that fact that you didn't tell me Eli, but that you are now trying to hide it from me. If I saw a new toothpaste on your counter and asked "Hey you decided to try something new huh?" you wouldn't tell me you didnt know what I was talking about and run into the bathroom to put it away would you? So why are you doing that pretty much with this?"

Scarlet didn't wait for an answer before putting her helmet on and getting onto her bike. She felt bad, and wanted to stay. For some reason even though she new she wasn't she felt like the bad guy in this situation. Like she was the one doing something wrong. Maybe it was because she loved Eli so much and she new she was hurting him. But he was hurting her too, he was hurting them.

   "I leave for work in two days and I'll be gone for two weeks. If you want to tell me whats going on you know my number if not...well...I guess you can tell me, when I get back. But I wont be hanging out with you again Eli till than. I just can't do it knowing you are willingly hiding something from me."

Starting her bike and letting out a long sign Scarlett pulls away from the road and heads home. Her heart pounded and she hoped Eli would call her. She didn't want to stay away but for her own health she really had too.

Dinner was good tonight and being able to share her cooking with someone else was even better. Beth loved when Justin was able to come over for dinner. Sure going out was always nice, but some quiet time home with a homecooked meal was even better.

Looking up at Justin and giving a smile Beth finishes what she had in her mouth giving her a moment to think as well. She new Justin had a rough day at work today though she didn't know any details she couldn't help but wonder  if this had anything to do with it.

   "Mmm...Yeah I have. But I've never really stewed on it to much. I guess I break it down and put myself in the other position and see what it would be like from there too. Sometimes the right thing is going against the rules if you know its going to hurt someone."

No comments:

Post a Comment