8/9/15

Hot Date

Carson nodded as he backed away and let Misty return to fixing food. He wanted to hold her again. He wanted to turn her around and feel her kiss in his lips. But as he desperately tried to read her, he knew he couldn't move too quickly. She wanted slow, he'd give her slow. He'd never moved slowly with anyone in his life, let alone her. And he wasn't even sure how. But he'd try his best. 

He returned to sit at the table and fiddled awkwardly with a napkin. "I've...I've been spending more time with Mackenzie lately..." It felt a rather lame start to conversation, but he might as well let her in on what his life was like lately. "We usually go to the park or something since the restaurant isn't all that interesting." He grinnned a little, although deep down, living at Mom and Pop's was pretty depressing. It's where he'd started out, and he was right back there again. "Justin...he suggested still seeing her to help her get..." He bit his tongue. "...get through losing Alec."

He cleared his throat and stood back up again. He couldn't just sit here and talk like an idiot. "Can I help do anything? I'm no better at sitting still than I've ever been."


Tal watched as Ryan pulled out her phone and sent a text. Her turning him down threw him for a little loop, and he couldn't help his look of disappointment, even though he tried to smile. "Oh, okay." He wanted to out his arm back around her, but suddenly it felt like there was an invisible wall between them. He couldn't explain it - it was just...there.

"Yeah...yeah, I can do lunch tomorrow. Just name where." He cocked his head and quirked a teasing grin. "Got a hot date tonight or something?"


Aaron wasn't outwardly fazed by Victoria's authority, even if on the inside, he knew good and well he was walking a very fine line. She could have him dead before he hit the ground and he knew it.

Bravely turning his back to her, his eyes traveled the surrounding area. "We all have more than one secret. But the one I'm referring to has something to do with what's really between you and our missing man." He tossed a glance over his shoulder at her. "You have no reason to kill me though. I don't care who's invovled with who, as long as it doesn't jeopardize our missions. Who you choose to have a love affair with isn't any of my business."

He looked back out over the shooting range. "But...call it a hunch, but I'd bet you know more about Garret's movements than anyone else. Your grandfather wants me to find him. If you help me, I might move up in the ranks. I guess all you'll get out of it is getting Garret back for yourself, but I think that would be worth it to you. I can also request you be on my team - in that case, Medridge might let you off the property and you can come with me. Otherwise...you'll continue to be stuck here with your hands tied."


No comments:

Post a Comment