1/4/13

Evil hands

Cindy chuckles and shakes her head. "You don't stink too badly, but if you want to give a good impression, a shower might be a good idea." 

Watching him leave the room, she takes another bite of eggs and leans her head back against the wall with a contented sigh. She'd never be able to describe how good it felt to have Wes home. 


"Hey, Mick?" 

Mick pauses his task of grooming Remington to glance at Jim. Breakfast was over, and activities had picked up for the day. "Yeah?" 

"I saw Clint and Rosalyn leave earlier. Do you know where they went?" 

Mick resumes his brushstrokes. "I'm pretty sure they're running an errand in town. Clint plans to be back by this afternoon though - at least that's what he said when I asked if he'd be around to see Wes later." 

"Mm."

When Mick looks up again, his brother was already gone. Sighing, he gives his horse a hearty pat on the neck. He didn't know what Jim was thinking, but he could only guess that puzzles pieces were being put together, and he'd figure out that Rosalyn was still seeing Chad. 


Being greeted at the door, Rosalyn can feel her cheeks flush as she keeps her smile from spreading too widely. If nothing else, Chad was one of the most attractive men she'd ever met. "Um... how about we walk? I think better when my feet are moving. Besides, if it ever got around that I was visiting you at a hotel, I'd be in even more hot water." 

Her eyes look up into Chad's, immediately getting lost in that shining gaze. "Although if I can keep this helmet here instead of lugging it around, that would be great." She'd keep the leather jacket on though. It was a warm day, but the breeze was just enough for her to want her arms covered. "Clint's off doing his thing and will be back to pick me up later." 


Back on his bed with Grace working on his legs, Jared nods. "Yeah, just as bit. I mean, I've tried to be motivated enough to keep moving around even when you're not here. Of course... now I'm having shoulder surgery as a result, but hey, I tried, right?" 

He rolls his eyes. "Bite off smaller chunks, I know. I guess I'm-" He comes to an abrupt halt as he winces, his hand putting the bedspread in a vice grip. "Holy crap," he breathes. "For such an angel, you have evil hands today." 

Letting the pain pass, he smirks at her. "Sometimes I think you enjoy this."


No comments:

Post a Comment