11/4/12

Without Alec Banks

Alec gives a quiet little half-laugh as he keeps his eyes on his task. "Ya know... at one point, having someone worry about me was annoying. I guess now though... it's kinda nice to know someone cares enough to worry."

He really was grateful that Misty had taken him in and accepted him, being his friend and sister. No one else had gone to such lengths and it had helped him get his footing again. He only wished now that there was one other person in particular who would care about him... but she didn't anymore.

Pain shooting through his finger causes him to flinch, dropping his sandpaper. A curse slips out under his breath as he looks at his finger where the wooden sliver had dug in deeply under his skin. Great.

Sighing he rolls his eyes. "Perfect way to end the day. Why not?"

Glancing to Misty, he just studies her quietly for several moments, his shoulders bent in defeat. "I understand my life isn't over," he finally responds to her previous statement. "I'm just finding it hard to believe it's worth living anymore. I sure haven't found anything lately to convince me it is. Besides, I have a feeling the world would be a better place without Alec Banks to screw it up all the time."

He reaches up and turns off the light, aiming for the little door and abruptly ending that conversation. "You got a pair of tweezers in the house? I gotta get this stupid splinter out of my finger."


Taking Dalton's hand in hers, Dani lifts it to her lips to give it a kiss, her eyes and smile still beaming. "And you mean the world to me, Dalton." 

After a moment or two of silence, another giggle escapes. "I have no idea what to say or do next." 


No comments:

Post a Comment