10/26/12

Until I'm Positive

Tal knew he'd never seen Ryan like this before. It looked like she'd been crying since he'd parted ways with her a while ago, and it sent an ache straight to his heart. Sighing, he nods. "Yeah... well, I guess maybe after driving around nowhere for over an hour, I realized I owe you an apology." 

Entering the apartment, he just stands and studies her for several long moments in silence. Finally he moves, taking her hand in his and bringing her to the couch with him. Easing down, he pulls her sideways into his lap and wraps his arms around her to hold her close. Starting with the top of her head, he gives her several tender kisses down to her cheek and finally a soft kiss on her lips. "I'm sorry," he apologizes quietly. "I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you or lost my temper with Alec." 

He leans his head against hers while one hand slowly rubs her back lovingly. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I just let my fears from past experiences get the best of me... along with jealousy. When I drove away though... all I could think of was how much I'd miss you if I didn't turn right around and go back. And when I did, Leo said you'd left and gone home."

Another kiss is placed softly on her cheek. "I believe you, Ryan. I know you've still got some feelings for Alec, even if you're mad at him. And I hope that if we stay together, that those feelings will eventually fade completely. 'Cause I care about you so much, I want your whole heart." He gives her an extra squeeze. "But I'll never find out if I'll ever have your whole heart if I walk away. So... an hour was long enough to think. If you'll forgive me, I'd still like to take you out to dinner tonight." 


Lifting her head, Dani turns to look at Dalton, giving him a weary smile. She hoped she didn't look as tired as she felt. "Hi..." She cups his hand with hers to lean her cheek into it and just feel his touch that she'd been missing. 

"What do you mean what am I still doing here? I'm still here because of you, ya silly hulk." She kisses his palm before returning her cheek to it. "I can't leave until I'm positive you're okay."


No comments:

Post a Comment