9/25/12

No Idea

Katie's reaction brings a wide smile to Hunter's face and his arms automatically wrap around her, holding her tight. Laughing, he draws back a little to look down at her, his eyes twinkling. "Well, you know there's only one thing to do when you can't think of anything to say." 

Not caring where they were or if anybody was watching, Hunter's hand slides up behind Katie's head and without waiting for her to respond, he leans down and presses his lips to hers. Giving her a long, deep kiss, he finally pulls back with another smile. "Mmmmm, I've been waiting to do that ever since you left the ranch." He sighs with content. "That'll tide me over for... a couple hours maybe, tops." 

Grinning, he lets his hand cradle her face, his thumb caressing her cheek. "Man, I've missed you." His eyes were tired, but bright with life as he locks with her gaze. "You have no idea how hard it was not to tell you I was coming home today." 


Toying with her food for  a couple more seconds, Jaz finally looks up at Jamie again, the same question written on her face. "Well, I... I don't know, I just... I can't remember everything I was told, but I thought you were a victim when Carson was still with the Agency. But hearing the way you both talk about him, I must be mistaken." 


Having just gotten home from work and lovingly greeted her cats, Ariel sets down her purse and keys wearily. It had been a long day and she was bushed. 

Feeling her phone start to ring in her pocket, she furrows her brow, wondering who was calling her. Checking the number, she chuckles. Having just talked to her brother yesterday about Trey, it was rather amusing he was calling her today. 

Heading to the kitchen to get something to drink, and followed by a train of meowing cats, she answers the call. "Hi, Trey. What's up?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment