9/1/12

Awfully long time...

Justin nods slowly, letting the wheels in his mind turn. He knew a bit about Misty, and after seeing her today, he would trust his sixth sense that she was a good woman. He knew a bit about Alec too, and though he didn't appear to be the best of characters, it would seem some changes had been happening. Also knowing that Carson would not be around would probably help the cause. 

"Okay. Well... I'll work on that then." He'd like to say more, but he knew he'd better wait until things progressed. One thing at a time. "I'm sure I'll be in touch." He nods his thanks. "You two have a good day." 

Once he was gone, Alec still hadn't gone out back to work again yet. He folds his hands across his chest, obviously deep in thought until he glances at Misty. "Ya know... I didn't think I'd like a guy like him. Counselor, I mean, but..." Seeing the way he'd worked with Mackenzie had been impressive. "I guess he's alright." 


Receiving the nudge from Chad, Rosalyn automatically grins. "Hey. Thought you mighta cleared out with the others." 

Rinsing some silverware, she watches him out of the corner of her eye. His offer to help really was sweet, and she had a feeling it had nothing to do with the task needing to be done. It would seem he'd wanted to spend more time with her as much as she had wanted it too. Still grinning, she tosses him a dishtowel. "Here. You can dry while I wash." 

Having him stand next to her, she found herself sidling a little closer, even if it made washing dishes a little less easy. "I... thought you might need another button fixed," she muses quietly. "But... my brother already gave me the fifth-degree after he spotted me leaving your bunk last night." 

She hadn't told Chad about it earlier, but now she didn't want him to think she didn't want to see him tonight or something. It was just... a better idea if she didn't do the same thing again.

She rolls her eyes. "I love him, but he can be a pain." She flicks some bubbles in Chad's direction, also tossing him a sly smile. "Might take an awfully long time to finish these dishes though..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment