7/31/12

PDA

"Blowing off chores sounds like too much fun." Hunter lets Katie go, reaching out to pat her horse. "But... you twisted my arm." 

Turning back around, he grins at Katie before leaning down to give her lips a quick but passionate kiss. "I did get a good night sleep, thank you." Smiling, he brushes her cheek with the back of his hand. He did feel good this morning - better than he had in over a week. He wasn't sure how long Angel would let him stay on the pills, but if they worked, he'd take them as long as he could. He'd only woken up once, and even then it was just to turn over and go right back to sleep again. Rising this morning he felt refreshed and ready to go. 

"Alright, you two. No public displays of affection this early in the morning." 

Hunter spins around to see Jeff before laughing. "Right. Uh... sorry." 

Jeff grins and winks at his daughter. "Don't forget you're riding with her dad today."

Color comes to Hunter's cheeks as he clears his throat. "Of course... Sir." 

Jeff chuckles and gives Hunter's arm a teasing whack. "Katie, I just came from the mess hall, and Becky offered to make us some food to take a long so I gave her my saddlebags. By the time we're saddled up, we should have lunch to go." He turns and looks at Hunter. "You, um... need help tacking up?" 

"You kidding me?" Hunter starts down the aisle. "Bonsai taught me everything I need to know."

Grinning, Jeff looks back to Katie. "I was thinking we'd take the north trail through the foothills. We haven't had any rain lately so the river should be plenty low. It's kind of a narrow trail, but Hunter seems like he's gotten his seat well enough that he should be okay. What do you think?" 



No comments:

Post a Comment