7/8/12

Any idea?

Dani squeals as she's picked up, wrapping her arms around Dalton's neck. Laughing, she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and nods. "Okay. I promise."

Grinning, she points to the kitchen. "Onward, my prince charming! To the chocolate pie!"


Jay smiles and nods slowly, agreeing with his sister's observation. "I get the funny feeling Hunter's on the edge of something... like one step will either take him in the right direction or a very wrong one. Then at the same time, he's so likable that I forget he hasn't been a lifelong friend of Katie's." 

He shrugs. "I don't know. You're right though - he's different. They're different together. I just hope things turn out well for the both of them, whether they're just friends or not. Katie could stand something to go right for once lately." 


Hunter chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm the odd man out here - how is it that I get to pick what we do?" 

Swinging off his bike, he stretches tall, twisting to pop his back before sighing with content. "I feel like I should choose to work, but if I'm going to be honest, I gotta say, just chilling for a while sounds like a good idea too." 

Slinging an arm around Katie's shoulders, he gives her a playful jolt. "I just wanna get rid of this city slicker label," he admits. "Maybe I can pitch in with chores later? If... you wanna help me find a nice shady spot to relax for the time being?"


Jason holds his gaze on Misty's eyes, feeling as though he couldn't look away even if he wanted to. With her forehead against his, his pulse quickens slightly but he doesn't move.

As she trails her fingers down his cheek and to his neck, he sucks in his breath, tensing slightly. Did she have any idea what that did to him? Feeling her touch come to rest on his hand, his face grows warm and he wonders if she could tell, being this close. 

Still not moving his eyes, he turns his hand so they were resting palm to palm. His scarred surface was ultra sensitive, sending tingles up his arm as he shifts his hand to gently caress hers. His fingers slide up beyond hers then down again, intertwining then shifting to caress again before finally locking and curling around her own fingers.

With pulse racing, Jason swallows hard. He hadn't exactly planned this... now... like this. But there was no denying how he felt, or what she was giving him permission to do. How long had they kept their feelings to themselves? Locked away safely - and rightly so - always believing there would never be this chance? And right now... in this moment... they were both free. 

"Do you have any idea how badly I want to kiss you?" he whispers. His grip on her hand tightens slightly. "I just don't wanna get kicked out of here before paying the bill..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment