3/3/12

Would you mind?

Zach shakes his head quickly. "Naw, I wasn't uncomfortable. I just wondered was all." In truth, there was still something there that didn't seem to fit quite right, but he wouldn't pry any more. Beth had emphasized that she and Justin were friends - not more than friends - so Zach should be safe to hang out with her if he wanted. He had no intentions beyond that anyway, at least not now. All he wanted was to make a new friend, and that seemed to be coming along splendidly.

After giving her a smile of assurance that he was satisfied with the conversation, he works on his sub again, still having just a bit of trouble eating it without making a huge mess. It's not until hes crumpling up his wrapper that the chit chat turns a bit more solemn again.

Leaning his arms on the table, he sighs just a little. "Thanks... for sharing your story with me, Beth. I'm glad to know more about you and... I respect you even more, knowing what you've been through." He grins. "Me - I guess I've had a pretty normal life. Nothing to complain about really. Nothing spectacular either." He shrugs and sips his pop, finding it was almost empty.

"Grew up in Heartsville - northern suburb there of Victoria. Went to college a couple years, nearby in Franklin, so I didn't get out much beyond that area. Not until I moved down here for my job."

Leaning back in his seat, he tries to think of anything that might be of interest to Beth... there didn't seem to be much. "My folks still live in Heartsville... I've got a younger sister, Andrea. She's in Guthrie Square now and..." He shrugs again then laughs. "I guess that's about it. I've got boring down to a science."

Thinking back to Brookshire, he remembers his uncle. "And... uncle Harry... he's actually my mom's uncle. His wife is Karen - that's who he mentioned. She... has never gone to see him since admitting him to the facility. So that's... why he said her name. If he's in good shape like he was today, he usually asks about her."


Looking up quickly, JT catches Amanda's eye. She knew, didn't she? Without him even saying anything. Glancing back down, he thinks a moment before reaching up to take her hand and pulling her down to sit next to him. "Yeah... yeah, I know. Just gonna be different is all. I just don't want her to think I'm unhappy with it or anything."

Holding Amanda's hand, he runs his fingers along hers, lost in a million thoughts of years gone by. He finally forces a smile and leans over to give her cheek a kiss. "Look at me. I should be having a ball celebrating the fact that the vampire finally found his courage."


Jeff really couldn't help his surprise and he knew it must have shown on his face. He wasn't upset in the least - just shocked because he knew how badly Ashlee must want to ride.

"Oh... okay. That's fine." He hoped that Eric actually would ask her. He'd never been one to like giving riding lessons, and if he started driving truck again he wouldn't even be around much anyway. Had Eric hinted at lessons already, or was Ashlee just hoping on her own? Either way, in Jeff's mind, it wasn't a very good bet that his brother would follow through.

He holds his smile though. "Well, if he doesn't, my offer still stands, okay?"

Glancing up as the door opens, he spots Stacy coming in. Eying Ashlee again, his expression is one of question. "Would you mind if I sat with you and your mom for supper?"

No comments:

Post a Comment