2/16/12

Help Me

Tal chuckles and nods. "I'm sure. If I stay, Eli would kick me out anyway, and probably for good reason." He bites his lip. "You have no idea how irresistible you are, do you?"

Giving her a last kiss on the lips, he pulls himself up, forcing Ryan off to the side, though he still pulls her in for a warm hug. "Thanks for the evening. I'll talk with you tomorrow."

"Huh?" Eli lifts his head and smacks his lips, looking around with half-open eyes.

"Nothing," Tal answers. "Go back to lala land."

"Right." Eli blinks and settles back into his comfy chair again, not making anyone quite sure if he was really awake or not.

Tal stifles a laugh. "No wonder Scarlet's out of town, if this is all that's back here."


Reese laughs and starts forward in the sand, keeping Angelica's hand in his. "I haven't done this in years," he admits. "Maybe all this stress at work lately has taught me that I need to step back. When I keep busy but it doesn't overwhelm me, I don't take time for peace and quiet. Only when I start sinking do I remember that these are the moments I would regret not having."

Stopping nearer the water, his toes sink into wet sand and he grins as the lapping water comes up just far enough to wash over his feet and dampen the hem of his jeans. "I think you're right about the younger part," he agrees. "You're gonna have to help me remember this so I don't forget so soon again."


Zach was kind of glad to hear that Beth was in a similar boat as he. He couldn't help but think perhaps God knew what He was doing. Zach knew nothing about where Beth's spiritual life was, but that didn't mean God wouldn't be involved. Maybe He was just giving them both a chance at making new friendships - something they both, apparently, wanted.

Letting Beth stand, Zach opts to stay for a little while longer. If he went home now, he might conk out and never get to work on time.

"Sounds like a plan. Friday. Brookshire. Eleven o'clock." He pats his pocket. "And I got your number if anything changes."

No comments:

Post a Comment