8/25/10

Agitated

Sleep. More sleep. Gage stops chewing, his eyes narrowing at sapphire. "Is that all you think about anymore or what?" He frowns, clearly agitated. "I mean, every time I want to do something, you tell me to go sleep instead."

Finished with his sandwich, he crumples up the paper and stands to throw it into the waste basket. "If you don't want to do anything tonight, just say so. I'm beginning to think you'd rather have time alone."

Sighing, he grabs his pop and aims for the door. "I'll be outside."

Once in the fresh air, Gage glares at the sidewalk and kicks a pebble into the parking lot, wandering to Sapphire's car. Leaning back against it, he waits, not sure if he was more upset with Sapphire or with himself for snapping at her like he had. Either way, it wasn't a feeling he liked.


Axel chuckles softly. "Me and coffee, huh? I'll have to remember that. Maybe next time I'll make a bad pot so you like me best."

Ruffling her hair, he stands up again, headed back to the kitchen. "I still got that toothbrush for ya in the bathroom and there's towels if you wanna wash up or anything."

Once in the kitchen again, he grabs the bag of bagels and pulls out the toaster to make breakfast.

A few minutes later though, his mind is far from food once again as he leans back against the counter. In one hand was the phone and in the other the number he'd been given. He should wait until later... wait until after breakfast. But why prolong it? Why not just get it out of the way?

Caught in indecision, he just stands, even when the bagels pop up out of the toaster, warm and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment