6/24/10

Writing

Rick turns to see Katie, offering a smile. "I think she's going to be okay." He nods. "Wasn't the best I've seen but not the worst either. She can probably go back to the safe house tomorrow."

Organizing some of the tools and things on the counter, he gives Katie a sidelong glance. "That bodyguard seemed pretty worried about her. I guess I figured someone like that would have been a little more matter-of-fact about it."


Still smiling, Phil's eyes twinkle. "You're looking pretty good too, now that you're not alongside the road or in a hospital bed." He gives her a teasing wink.

Leaning back, he takes a sip of his drink before chuckling. "Yeah... work... band... you name it. This is my thinking pad in my little haven. Not even my sister knows I come here."

He doodles a little with his pen. "Thinking on some new song lyrics but Kyle's the genius when it comes to writing. I guess he'll be writing for himself here now, so it'll probably be me or Jason getting anything new written."

No comments:

Post a Comment