6/30/10

Teasing

"...yeah, so she's doing alright now, got a car... I think she'll be okay now." Phil takes a bite of his pizza and shrugs as he talks with Rocky. "She's nice."

Rocky grins a little as he eats his own slice while they sat opposite each other at a table in Mom and Pop's. "Nice huh?"

Phil gives him a little smirk. "Nice as in she's friendly."

"Uh-huh." Rocky teases him with a look before concentrating on his food.

"Hey, it's not like I went looking," Phil defends. "I can't help it I found her alongside the road, and it's a good thing I did."

Carson comes up to bring Rocky another drink and quirks an eyebrow, not having been able to help but hear part of their conversation. "Out on the back highway? The one that was on the news the other night?"

"Mm-hmm." Phil shrugs. "They made it out to be worse than it was on the news."

"Could have died - both of you. That's nothing to sneeze at."

Phil looks up at Carson with a little smirk. "I just don't want the attention, you know that."

"So she's nice, huh?" Carson folds his arms, catching on to Rocky's teasing.

"Yes." Phil nods with emphasis. "Any more question, you two?"

Both Carson and Rocky start to laugh and Carson shakes his head. "No, I think I'm good for now. Need anything else?"

"A break." Phil rolls his eyes. "And more pop."

"I just asked you two minutes ago."

"I know." Phil hands him his glass. "Now I want more."

Rocky leans back, his eyes sparkling as he holds in his laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment