6/15/10

Second try

Chance move his attention to Destiny, smiling a little as he takes another lick of ice cream. "Only thing you need to worry about is yourself and getting through it. I'm there so you don't have to worry about everything else."

He gives her a wink. "It'll all be fine."

He didn't have much else he could say. He was sorry she had to go through her parents' funeral. Despite her being so strong and able to cope, it was still hard and still a very tragic way to say goodbye to the people who raised her.

Sliding his hand across the table, he rests his fingers on top of hers. "I have this very strange feeling that you're going to make it, Destiny Rose."


Joined by Beth, Justin offers her a gentle smile as always, watching as she took the initiative to pet the dogs on her own today. They responded with wagging tails and licking her hands, though they remained lying down as they'd been told to do.

Justin shifts a little so Beth has enough room, and follows her gaze into the yard as she speaks. He grins at her mention of the bench though. Maybe she really didn't mind his presence after all.

"Oh, my day's been alright so far," he responds. "Just waiting here a while... thinking... letting the quiet keep my nerves where they should be."

He pauses, glancing up at the passing clouds. "Gonna be another good afternoon to go fishing. Caught enough bass for supper last night, maybe I can do the same today."

Glancing to Beth, his tone had not changed. "Wanna come along?"


Looking up from his desk, Reese pauses what he's doing to listen to Angelica. He nods with satisfaction. "Good. Then we don't have to send anyone down there. I'll be curious to find out if he was a willing party or not."

Thinking a moment, he nods again. "Yeah, I'll make sure he's got a place here to be kept, but I don't see why some of his stuff can't stay with you. How we keep him here will depend on his attitude - I know you know that. I'll go as easy as I can, but any sign of trouble or attitude and we'll have to keep him comfortable but constrained."

No comments:

Post a Comment