6/14/10

File

Justin gives Beth a little wave, waiting to sigh until she was gone. Zora rests her head on his lap and gives a small whine. He pats her and nods. "Yeah... I know. This one's gonna stay at arm's length, isn't she?"

He stares after Beth, his mind wandering. He would probably continue to ask her if she wanted to do things with him... but he wondered if it really was just wasting his breath. Whether he'd made a mistake yesterday or not, he was convinced that even if it had never happened, nothing would be different anyway. "I don't know if I should try for more or not. I guess if she wants to stay away then there's not much I can do about it, huh?"

Zora licks his hand and cocks her head as if wondering what exactly he was talking about that shifted his mood.

"Why can't I just let things go, hmm?" Sighing again, Justin finally stands up, gathering his backpack and leashes. "Come on, girls. Lets go home."


Eli grins and moves to the side where he retrieves a camera. "She won't be back by race time tomorrow... but that doesn't mean she won't get to visualize Roth's face when she sees our beautiful artwork."

Stepping back a couple paces, he snaps a few pictures of the car at good angles to catch the flowers and especially the hood. "Captured in time forever. Priceless. Now... can you get a hold of Alec to see if he's gonna make it tonight? You and I can pull it off ourselves but it would be nice to have a third person and if he can't sneak out, we need to nab someone else."


Reese makes his way from Angelica's office, grinning a little to himself before getting his mind back on task. Heading to his own office, opening the door, he stops short, seeing Alec at the filing cabinet. "Oh, I didn't realize this was public property."

Alec looks up casually, folder in hand. "It's not. I was snooping."

"And may I ask what for?" Reese does his best to keep his temper as he crosses his arms.

Alec shrugs. "Wanted to finish up that report but I forgot the names you wanted me to check into. You were gone so I figured I could find it in here somewhere." His eyes go back to the file he was holding. "You know, I did find it interesting that-"

"I don't care if I'm gone or not," Reese cuts him off sternly. "You do not come in here and just start taking things." He approaches and grabs the file out of Alec's hand to see what it was. It wasn't anything too important, but it was the principle of the thing.

Alec shrugs lamely. "Whatever. Get me the stuff then."

Reese's eyes narrow. "You know... I'm this close to letting you go, but with an attitude like that, you're not making it easy for me."

Alec holds up his hands then lets his arms drop. "I don't think I'll ever please you, Reese, so maybe you should just stop trying to make that happen." He scowls, frustrated with his whole situation. "I'll be downstairs if you want me to ever finish that project." Spinning on his heel, he stalks out.

Reese groans and tosses the file aside, flopping down in his chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment