5/27/10

Worthy cause

Being drawn into Dalton's arms again, Dani melts like she almost always did. Nuzzling into his chest, she thanks him. "It's nice to know I got you to look out for me." Her voice was slightly muffled as she spoke against his embrace.

She sighs deeply, her arms sliding around his waste to be closer to him. "But I really think this is nothing... it has to be. I mean... I would know if it wasn't... right?" There wasn't as much confidence in her voice as she'd hoped for. "It's not like I have any tragedies that I would be remembering or anything... I've had a happy life." She really didn't understand what was happening in her subconscious. But she couldn't deny the fact that all of a sudden, she didn't want to dig any deeper into her own mind. In the amount of time it would take to snap her fingers, she had put up a blockade against whatever it was her mind wanted her to see that was trying to surface. It was an unfamiliar and scary feeling.

"It can't be anything to worry about. I'm... I'm sure I'll feel better after spending an evening with you. And then tomorrow it'll all be gone and I'll realize that it's just been a woman's weepy sort of day."

Nodding again, Dani pulls away a little bit. "So what can I do to help get the rest of supper ready?"


"Yes, Yoda, we are." Wyatt keeps a straight face as he looks out at the street, waiting for the familiar car to pass. "Ooh, oooh, there they go. They're in Dad's car. No, wait, don't pull out yet - he's got eyes in the back of his head."

Waiting until the other car was a fair distance away, Wyatt points. "Okay, now."

Fifteen minutes later, Reese and Angelica are spotted parking at a little diner downtown. "Aha.... nice quite atmosphere... bet they really wanna be alone, huh?" Wyatt grins and evil grin. "Let's park and go plop down next to them. Dad will kill me, but it's a worthy cause."

No comments:

Post a Comment