5/8/10

Up to you

Looking down into Scarlet's eyes, Eli just studies them for the longest time, allowing himself the pleasure of falling into them. His hand moves to her face again, cradling her cheek softly.

"I'm glad to know all of you," he responds quietly. "I... wish I would have known, but... I'll get over it." His thumb runs along her cheek and back again. "I've probably got a few cards I need to lay on the table too... but not tonight."

Leaning a little closer, he kisses away the tears that had fallen from her eyes before his lips find hers in a gentle expression of care. "You want me to stay a while?" he asks softly. "Or I can go... it's up to you."


Once Hope is in Reese's office, something just doesn't seem right. The peace that usually followed her around wasn't in the air this time. There was something new... almost foreboding.

Nodding to her request not to tell Scott whatever it was, Reese agrees. He would respect her wishes. There was fear, however, for the news she was about to tell him. What would be so bad that she wouldn't even want Scott to know about it?

Hearing the news, Reese's eyes widen slightly, filled with a mixture of surprise and sympathy. Hope was one of his own... at least that's how he viewed her and all the others. He was the leader, meant to take care of them and make sure they were all okay. And now Hope... had cancer. He wondered how she had contracted it in the lungs and was shocked at how quickly they had diagnosed it, but it didn't matter much. "Oh, Hope..."

Reese gets up from his desk and moves around to the second chair to sit next to her. "Of course you can still come in when you feel up to it. I'm so sorry." He was glad she'd told him... he'd been a little worried about her being sick, and knowing the truth was best in his mind.

Searching Hope's eyes, his gaze is soft and caring - a mixture most people didn't have the privilege of seeing. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment