5/29/10

Limbs

Carson sighs and thinks for a long moment before he relents. "Okay..." He could tell that Dalton was serious... about Dani's condition and about his feelings for her. Carson had no reason not to trust him. "Alright... just... call me tomorrow, okay? I'll be at Mom and Pop's, but call me anyway. I want to know how she is."

He starts to wander back towards the living room. "And Dalton... you take good care of her, ya hear? Harm one hair and so help me, I'll tear your limbs out." He pauses, serious about his words, but knowing deep down that they weren't needed. "Thank you for letting me know about this... if she thinks I'll be upset with her not coming to work or something, tell her it's fine and I'm fine with it."

Ending the call, Carson slips his phone back into his pocket and goes back into the living room. Finding Misty stretched out over his spot, he simply pulls her up, lies down and pulls her back down on top of him, wrapping his arms around her. "Mmmm.... if it's not one thing, it's another, isn't it?"


Leo's face showed little expression as he looks around at the other three, his eyes eventually landing on Ryan as her unanswered question hangs in the air. "Figured you'd need these." He tosses a set of keys in her direction, knowing she'd catch them.

Eli's eyebrows rise even more. "Roth's keys? How did you-"

"Don't ask." Leo hooks his thumbs in the pockets of his jeans - the ones with the holes in the knees and paint splatter. His t-shirt was an older one too... it looked like he was ready to work.

Eli doesn't let the awkward silence linger for too long. "So, um... okay. Are you... sticking around?"

Moving a little closer, Leo's eyes narrow as he studies first Eli, then Alec, then Ryan. It was plain to see that he was very much in control of this situation. Had he already called the cops? Was he being tailed here? Did he have some hidden motive? His eyes pierce Ryan's with force they'd never held before... force not held back by fear or timidity.

All of a sudden though, his shoulders relax and he walks past Eli, shouldering past Ryan too. "I couldn't let you guys have all the fun, now could I?" he comments casually. Going for Roth's car, he gives the tarp a hefty yank, revealing that it was indeed the car they wanted. Rolling up the tarp, he throws it at Alec. "Here."

Eli looks to Ryan and blinks then shrugs. He was baffled, but he wouldn't turn down help. "Um... I guess you need to get that thing started. Somebody come help me with the door."

No comments:

Post a Comment